Sunday, November 9, 2008

nothin goin on but the rent!

the wall street journal reports that everyone and their mama is losing it. im no different..my last day at work was friday.

so im doing what everyone else is:
- updating the resume
- checking my ING savings account religiously (just in case my wayward father/fairy god-mother left a gift for me and didnt tell me)
- window shopping and taking note of sales and coupons
- aaannd, finally, jumping ship

in many ways, a lot of people are tapping out as a means of survival. whether its selling stocks or pulling out of costly investments. a lot of people dont agree with this last option. some plan to buckle down and weather the storm. for some, its the only option and thats fine. i made the decision to move before these current events really hit close to home as it has.

im moving to a place that some may consider paradise (..and others have completely opposite and more negative sentiments). for me, it may not be paradise, but it is home. despite the eminent struggles ahead, i know i'll be happier there.

1 comment:

artsybee said...

I've heard that home is wherever you make it, and I don't think that applies to everyone. For some home is a familiar location, familiar faces for others.
I think I could make my home almost anywhere once I have loved ones around. Can't wait to say welcome home!